One to One Counselling Service
AdVIC offers counselling to anyone bereaved by homicide to understand their grief and cope with their loss.
The trauma experienced following the homicide can seriously impact a person’s ability to understand what has happened, it can shatter a sense of security and a person’s capacity to cope.
Counselling can help by creating a safe space to discuss and process these feelings of loss, loneliness, shock and at times despair. Professionally trained and highly skilled and experienced counsellors can help the person try to make sense of the what has happened.
Counselling can play a significantly beneficial role:
- It creates a space where the bereaved feels safe to talk about their feeling
- It helps people to deal with the enormity of their loss
- On a practical level, it can provide reassurance
- It helps the bereaved to deal with many of the resultant family problems
- It assists the bereaved to feel empowered to seek further information and further support where needed.
What do we offer?
Access to highly skilled counsellors and psychotherapists
Counselling for children and adolescents
To avail of the counselling service, please email email@example.com or call:
1800 852 000 or (01) 518 0816
The counselling service is part-funded by the Commission for the support of victims of crime, Tusla (Child and Family Agency) and by Donations from the public and Families bereaved by homicide.