AdVIC Main Support
AdVIC is a national organisation offering the following support to families and friends of homicide victims…
- Provide assistance and information to families via phone and email regarding issues they are faced with after the homicide, including referral to pertinent agencies.
- Inform families and friends of homicide victims about the Criminal Justice System via website and booklets. AdVIC booklets are sent directly to each Garda Station investigating a new homicide.
- Provide a professional counselling service for families and friends of homicide victim to help them to survive the trauma of the homicide
- Provide Homicide Bereavement Counselling Group Therapy for families and friends of homicide victims
- Provide peer support and through the use of invited speakers, provide information on specific facets of the Criminal Justice System during informative nationwide meetings and a bi-annual Memorial Service
- Provide Legal Advice to families of Homicide victims through its in-house Legal Adviser